Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Conferences and meetings

At the moment we are having a time of conferences and meetings! Last week we had a linguistics conference, where various people shared about different topics that were very informative and relevant to doing language and translation work in the field. I learnt a lot and thought it was very helpful and good.

Over the next 2 weeks, we are having our Branch conference. Every morning there will be devotional speakers and then we get into the business of making decisions about where the branch is heading in the future. As I am new, I am not eligible to vote on things, but I can participate in discussions. New leadership for the branch will also be elected at conference.

Here is a photo of the linguistics conference. My back is the one closest to the camera.

No comments: