Saturday, October 17, 2009

At the village

Presuming that all goes to plan, I will be at a Taupota village while you read this! There is a lady from Global Recordings Network, who has been at Hagita recording some portions of Scripture, and she is visiting the Taupota language group this weekend to record some songs that the people have written in their language.

The Taupota people that I am working with invited me to visit their village too. There is some sort of church celebration happening tomorrow and they wanted to share it with people.

I realise that I have had to give up the comforts of a warm shower, a washing machine and internet access to visit this village (I have counted the cost!), but I'm sure that it will all be worth it because I love being with people in the villages.

No comments: