“What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.” 1 Corinthians 14:26 (NIV)
At many churches here in Bougainville, there is an open time during the service where anyone can go to the front of the church and share a testimony (perhaps of what God has taught or done for them during the week) or present an item (usually a song). If someone has something to share, they don’t have to arrange with the service co-ordinator to have it put on the programme, as there is this time set aside for it.
I really like this aspect of church in Bougainville and I think that the verse quoted above encourages us that these sorts of things should be done in church.
Well that’s just my thoughts, but I don’t want to stir up any controversy, and in humility let me give a disclaimer regarding the interpretation of the verse above – I haven’t done a thorough exegesis (study) of this verse and I could be wrong in my understanding of it, plus I’m sure that there are various ways of interpreting and applying it.
At many churches here in Bougainville, there is an open time during the service where anyone can go to the front of the church and share a testimony (perhaps of what God has taught or done for them during the week) or present an item (usually a song). If someone has something to share, they don’t have to arrange with the service co-ordinator to have it put on the programme, as there is this time set aside for it.
I really like this aspect of church in Bougainville and I think that the verse quoted above encourages us that these sorts of things should be done in church.
Well that’s just my thoughts, but I don’t want to stir up any controversy, and in humility let me give a disclaimer regarding the interpretation of the verse above – I haven’t done a thorough exegesis (study) of this verse and I could be wrong in my understanding of it, plus I’m sure that there are various ways of interpreting and applying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment