I showed Ada nambek some new photos that I had, plus pictures on my calendars. It was good being able to speak the few words I know of his language with him. I really loved doing that and it was amazing how the words just came back to me. I think he was happy that I still remembered the language too.
He called me Mogom when talking to me or referring to me. It was so good to hear my village name again. I really miss that. It is special.
It was really wonderful to have him visit. I can’t even express how good it was. I was thrilled and I was buzzing afterwards.
A photo of me with Ada nambek at Sara’s house:
1 comment:
Hi Mogom - what a lovely surprise for you to have a visit from Ada nambek - you certainly must have made a good impression during your stay in the village. And what a delightful photo - you do look so happy and relaxed. Take care -
Love from Bev and John
Post a Comment