Wednesday, February 20, 2013

“My” vegie garden

I sort of have my own little vegie garden next to our village, which I am really enjoying. Most gardens are about a half hour walk away from the village, but this is just right where we are, so I am able to go to it at any time and do a bit of weeding or clear away more grass, or plant more vegies.

Here is a photo of the whole garden. (The tall plants with long, pointy leaves to the right are pandanus and aren’t a part of ‘my’ garden).

These are my tomato plants in the centre of this photo, and the ones Joyce planted are on the right, at the top right are the beans.

These are the leafy greens known as ‘aibika’ in Tok Pisin. Similar idea to spinach.

There’s a banana tree in the centre of this photo, which was already there when we started the garden, but surrounding the banana tree, you can see more of our beans.

I’m hoping to plant some eggplant, basil and more tomatoes here in the future. I’ll do my best to keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: