Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Toilet guests

Have you ever gone to the toilet and there’s a fly in the room? I’m sure you know what that’s like. Where might that fly land? Fortunately, we don’t seem to have flies in our village toilet very often, but we have some other toilet guests whom I will now introduce to you.

Spiders: These are the guests I don’t mind so much, they just stay in their little corner and keep to themselves. They don’t run and attack me.

Toads: They often guard the entrance to the toilet and might randomly jump and hit my leg as I walk past, which freaks me out and I squeal!

Crabs: Some crabs dig their holes inside our toilet house. Usually they run away deep down inside their hole when I come near, but there have been a couple of times where I’ve seen a crab on the ground and worried that it might attack my leg.

Cockroaches: Never a pretty sight, especially when they’re scuttling around near the toilet seat! Thankfully, they are afraid of people and never accidentally touch you!

A mother hen: Stupid hen! I was not at all impressed when she decided that our toilet house was a good place for her and her chick to rest for the night. Especially when my foot got a little too close to the hen and she attacked my foot! She got a good telling off in Teop for that.

Most of these toilet guests are only around in the evening (except for the spiders), so most of the time, there isn’t really a problem. I’ve probably made it sound worse than it is! Going to the toilet where we live is not an unpleasant experience. There are much worse village toilets in other parts of PNG!

No comments: