Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yikes! Falling tree!

One day as I was showering, I heard this loud noise very near, which sounded like a tree cracking and falling. I was undressed and all wet and my greatest fear was that the tree would land on the shower walls, exposing me! It didn’t really cross my thoughts that if it came that close, being injured would probably be of greater concern!

It was a coconut tree that had been leaning across the road that fell. If I had looked up, I surely would have seen it, but I was just focused on the wall that might come crashing down. It fell in the direction it was leaning and was really of no great threat to me. But it was pretty scary – I could hear the sound, didn’t know where it was coming from, and couldn’t run!

The base of the tree was only about 3-5 metres away from our shower house. Here are some photos, our shower house is the metal structure with orange curtain.




Clearing the coconut tree off the road. They had the road cleared within half an hour, they were very quick at moving it.

No comments: