Thursday, May 5, 2011

Forever packing

Packing is something that is just a part of my life now. If I go to the village, I have to pack; if I return to Buka, I have to pack.

In the village, our bedroom is too small to spread out and do any packing in, so the night before we go to Buka, we take over what would be the living room if it had couches in it. It’s just a big open room which the bedrooms are adjoined to. During our village stay, our food and cooking items are stored in a corner of the large open area.

We don’t completely pack up everything that we have in the village every time we leave, so that makes it a bit easier, but it involves looking at everything and deciding if it is staying or coming with me, so I need to spread out and put things in their separate bundles.

In these two photos you can see how much we spread out in the large room. It’s not a problem really as nobody ever spends any time in there, so we’re not getting in anyone’s way (except for when they want to get something from a bedroom and have to negotiate our obstacle course!).


No comments: