Friday, January 22, 2010

Scripture Use Conference

The first ever Scripture Use Conference in PNG was held this week at Ukarumpa. Church leaders across all denominations and from all over PNG attended. The focus of the conference was using translated Scriptures in the community. The conference has also encouraged partnership and working together across denominations and organisations.

On Wednesday, conference participants ate dinner at houses in the community. I volunteered to have two men from Bougainville over for dinner. I had met them when I was in Bougainville last year. I had two friends, Rebekah and Daniel come for dinner too. Here's a photo of us after dinner:


I attended a 'networking' session on Thursday afternoon. The participants from the islands east of the mainland gathered together in a group and had discussions. I joined this group with the Bougainville men. Everyone had been thorough encouraged by the conference and pleased with all they had learnt and are would like to see more conferences like this happen in the future.

Here's a photo of the island group discussion:

No comments: