Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

I know I'm gong backwards in time, but I want to tell you about the good time I had on Christmas Eve.

I went to a party for single women at a single lady's house. I loved her Christmas tree, it made me feel happy and Christmassy. Here's a picture of it:


Anyway, everyone had to bring something you didn't want anymore as a present for a gift exchange. We did it like a game, everyone took a number and going in number order, we got to choose a present and open it, or instead of opening a present, you could 'steal' a present from someone else, that they had already opened.

I had number 8, and the present I opened was two decks of playing cards and I was quite happy with that and hoped that no-one would steal it, but at the very end, it ended up getting taken, so I opened the last present that was still wrapped, and it was another good thing – a miniature Christmas tree with small lights (battery operated). I was really chuffed with it and was happy that I got it. It is really lightweight too. Several people suggested that it would be a good Christmas tree to take to the village (if I'm ever in the village at Christmas time). It's also just great for me to have in Ukarumpa, as I didn't have a Christmas tree and wasn't bothered about obtaining one, but now that I have it, I like how it makes the house more Christmassy. Here's a photo of it:


There you go, that was my happiness from Christmas Eve!

No comments: