Thursday, July 30, 2009

Linguistics conference in Goroka

Last week I went to the linguistics conference in Goroka with a group of people from Ukarumpa. The conference ran for two days and it was packed full of different speakers. There was quite a lot of speeches on language and education. It was all very interesting. The highlight of the conference was the food (yes, back onto food again!). They provided morning and afternoon tea and lunch each day, and dinner on the second day. You should have seen the amount of food. What they put out for morning tea would have been enough for lunch. There was just tables and tables of food for lunch. The amazing thing is that it was all free! We didn't have to pay any conference fees at all and we greatly benefitted, both our minds and our stomachs!

I am currently in Buka, but I didn't have email/internet access when I was in Goroka and Kokopo, so now I have to catch you up on what happened before I got here.

No comments: