Tuesday, May 5, 2009

See you in 7 weeks

Well, tomorrow morning I'll be up at the crack of dawn to get my flight to the Sepik. The language group is called Sos Kundi. I've got my small backpack and two small cardboard boxes packed with all the possessions I need for 7 weeks.

It's going to be really hot and humid where we're going, so that will be interesting. I will probably get a heat rash, so I'm taking talc to help prevent it, and cream to stop the itching.

We've heard that they are building a new toilet for us. That was very exciting news! It will be nice and clean and not smelly for the first week.

I think I will be able to recharge my camera batteries with a solar panel set up that we are bringing with us, so I won't have to worry about conserving the batteries, which is great.

There won't be any new blog posts for the 7 weeks and you'll get used to not checking it for a while, so write a reminder on your calendar/diary to start checking my blog again after 23rd June. I will have lots of stories to share when I get back and will be updating frequently.

No comments: