Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a way to start!

I started my journey to PNG with a visit to Cooktown and as soon as I got off the plane at Cairns, I started sneezing and developed a cold! It was not much fun!

I had a good time with my friends in Cooktown and I bottle-fed on of their baby goats. My friends have very basic accommodation and I was sleeping on a mattress in the back of their ute.

By the time I left Australia, my cold had got much better. I just have a tickle in my throat now which makes me cough.

I am in Madang now where I will be for the next three months. I am sharing my room with another girl. The orientation course starts on Wednesday, so I have a couple of days to enjoy before all the work starts!

3 comments:

Ross said...

Glad to hear you got there OK and you're getting over your cold! Thought you might like to have a comment on your blog! Hope it all goes well on Wed as you start the course!

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of you, good to hear your cold has almost gone. Sleeping in a ute can't get more Aussie than that!!! All the best for Wednesday. from Robyn.

Loretta said...

Hi Julie,
Good to hear how you're getting on. I hope this is just the start of some very interesting experiences for you. Look after yourself and take care you need to be well and strong to do the work you intend to. We'll be praying for you.